We welcome you to participate in the 5th NIPS Workshop on Optimization for Machine Learning, to be held at:
Lake Tahoe, Nevada, USA, Dec 8th, 2012
HARRAH'S SPECIAL EVENTS, 2ND FLOOR
Optimization lies at the heart of many machine learning algorithms and enjoys great interest in our community. Indeed, this intimate relation of optimization with ML is the key motivation for the OPT series of workshops. We aim to foster discussion, discovery, and dissemination of the state-of-the-art in optimization relevant to ML.
Poster, Spotlight, and Talk instructions
- Please use standard NIPS poster sizes, e.g., using the beamerposter package
- The spotlight presentation will be about 4-5 minutes, please use this to advertise your poster; refrain from giving a mini-talk; ideally, not more than 3 slides long.
- Workshop talk: 20 minutes including some questions; we recommend a max of 12 slides.
- Please upload your talk, spotlight, etc. PDFS to OPT Easychair
- Page limit: 4 pages
- Please use the NIPS 2012 submission format
- Please make submission double blind
- If you are doing a dual submission, please contact us first
Deadline for submission of papers: 28th September 2012 Notification of acceptance: 25th October 2012 Final version of submission: 5th November 2012